- 12 Month Travel Pass (Sydney to Cairns)
- Return transfers to Fraser Island
- Return ferry to Magnetic Island
- 30 nights accommodation + 1 night overnight train
You’ll be staying in our favourite hostels along the coast, a private campsite by the beach and 2 nights on a luxury boat!
- 6 x Breakfast, 6 x Lunch, 6 x Dinner
- Hunter Valley Wine Tasting
- Visit the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital
- Kayaking at our River Retreat
- Explore Byron Bay, The Gold Coast, Brisbane & Noosa
- Surf Lesson in Surfers Paradise
- 3 day / 2 night Fraser Island tour – departs Rainbow Beach ($15 insurance levy + $15 optional sleeping bag hire both payable locally)
- Emu Park stay 2 day / 2 night Whitsunday Island sailing – departs Airlie Beach
- Magnetic Island stay incl return ferry transfer
- Party in Cairns
- 1 day Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Trip ($20 reef conservation levy payable locally)
- 1 day Atherton Tablelands Waterfalls tour
- Fraser Island $20 insurance levy payable locally.
- Fraser Island $15 optional sleeping bag hire (optional)
- Great Barrier Reef $20 reef conservation fee
Our Flexi East Coast package is a flexible Australia Hop on Hop off tour meaning your travel dates and bus journeys can be booked and confirmed in advance or as you travel.
When booking the Ultimate Flexi Australia Hop on Hop off package, you can choose whether you would like a set itinerary or whether you'd like to keep your inclusions 'open-dated' and book them in as you travel. This is a great option for those who have a bit longer to travel the East Coast and who want the flexibility of staying longer in certain locations.
We recommend that you read our trip FAQs, with important information about how to book your travel dates. You can also contact us to discuss your travel dates to confirm your arrangements beforehand.
The Flexi itinerary includes your transport to and from each destination, accommodation and activities.
If you are looking for a set trip itinerary, travelling the East Coast of Australia with the same group and tour guide, check out our original Ultimate East Coast Highlights, Ultimate East Coast Explorer and Ultimate East Coast Explorer + Sydney tour, if you are planning on spending some time in Sydney when you first arrive.
WHERE WE STAY
The Flexi Australia Hop on Hop off package includes 30 nights accommodation and 1 overnight train.
30-nights are spent in dorm share accommodation in the very best hostels on the Aussie East Coast. You'll be staying in a beachfront hostel, resort-style flashpacker accommodation and a leafy island bungalow with an on-site wildlife park.
You'll also spend 2 nights sailing around the Whitsunday Islands and 2-nights camping on Fraser Island.
Accommodation is based on 4-10 bed shared dorm arrangements.
TRANSPORT & GUIDES
Your tour includes a 12 month travel pass from Sydney to Cairns (one way only). Transport is via Minibus, Trains or Scania Coach services. Your tour also includes return transfers to Fraser Island and return ferry transport to Magnetic Island.
ULTIMATE TOUR GUIDES
On the Ultimate Flexi Australia Hop on Hop off package, your are supported by in-destination guides who will greet you at most locations. Tour guides will provide you with local knowledge, travel support and overall guidance. On some days, your guide will not be present. Should you require a full guided tour, check out our Highlights and Explorer tours.
Whilst our Flexi Australia Hop on Hop off package is jam-packed with awesome activities, you may choose to add our optional activities to your booking.
Whether you'd like to brave a Skydive, a Bungy Jump, go White Water Rafting, visit the Daintree Rainforest or extend your stay in Cairns, we're here to help you plan the trip of a lifetime!
You can pre-book optional activities guaranteeing availability on your chosen departure date or organise any additional activities as you travel. Check out some of our popular optional extras and simply add them to your booking at checkout.
ARRIVING INTO SYDNEY EARLIER?
The Ultimate Australia Hop on Hop off tour package departs Sydney on Day 2 of the tour. Day 1 can be treated as an 'Arrival Day' . You can choose to book additional nights in Sydney prior to departing for the East Coast when processing your booking online. Extra nights are booked at Sydney's Number 1 Hostel, WakeUp! The East Coast tour departs from WakeUp Hostel, Sydney.
Looking to do a stopover on the way to Australia? Join our Ultimate guided tours in Thailand, Bali and Vietnam!
Want to explore another part of Australia or keen for an activity we haven't mentioned? Let us know! We're the Aussie travel experts and are here to help you plan your dream adventure Down Under!
HOW TO BOOK
To book our Flexi Australia Hop on Hop off package, select your chosen departure date and any optional extras you would like to book. We'll send you a booking confirmation as well as important information about your tour.
If you have a travel date in mind but you're not ready to pay in full, you can secure your spot with a 20% deposit.
- Book your flights into Sydney (not included)
- Organise your travel insurance (not included)
- When booking, let us know if you would like to book the set itinerary or leave your arrangements 'Open-dated'
- If you have any questions regarding your arrangements, visit our Tour FAQ's or contact us below.
Flexi Australia Hop on Hop off packages depart Sydney on Day 2 of the package. Day 1 of the itinerary can be used as your arrival Day into Sydney.
* Other departure dates and custom itineraries are available. Contact our Travel Experts for a personalised itinerary.