1. You can’t remember the last time you shared a room with less than 4 other people.
2. You’ve tried all of the different Goon bags and have decided on your fave (Fruity Lexia -obvs!)
3. Eating Subway (footlong) for breakfast, lunch and dinner is the norm.
4. Finding half a bottle of shampoo in the hostel shower excites you way more than it should!
5. Long journeys no longer faze you.
6. You know all of the best drinking games..
7. ..and have become and absolute pro at the limbo.
8. You don’t know how you ever lived without your sunnies permanently attached to your face.
9. You know the happy hour of all the local pubs and wouldn’t dream of spending your booze money on a fully priced meal.
10. You’ve got used to dressing in the dark and tip toeing into your dorm room at 4am to avoid waking your dorm buddies up!
11. You’ve mended your flip flops more than once.
12. You never thought you would become a ‘roller’ but you’ve started rolling all of your clothes to avoid creases..or..
13. ..you’ve completely given up on worrying about creases in your clothes and have started shoving your stuff back into your backpack.
14. You’ve been wearing the same anklet for the last 11 months & you can’t count how many bracelets you’re wearing.
15. You’ve accumulated so much stuff along the way, you have to have a ‘backpack spring clean’ at least once during your travels!
16. You get excited about small things. Having a clean towel brings you so much comfort & happiness.
17. You’ve got a million new friends on FB..
18. ..and added a million new travel photos to your account.
19. You’ve lived off Pot Noodles, beans on toast and some simple yet effective pasta combos (tuna & pasta, tomato & pasta..the list goes on)..
20. ..so walking past someone handing out free food/drink samples without stopping becomes an epic fail. Desperate times call for desperate measures!
21. You’ve learnt to get changed anywhere & in front of people whilst maintaining your modesty…most of the time!
22. You’ve sat inside McDonalds or outside the Apple store for hours using their WIFI.
23. You can sleep anywhere. Your mates floor, the airport, in a bar..backpacking can be tiring, people!
24. You’ve tried sneaking into clubs by rubbing your mates stamp on your wrist. Do people actually pay $30 entry to get into clubs these days?!
25. You started a blog/journal but have forgotten to post/write for a few weeks now- you’re just having too much fun!
26. Clean toilets & hot showers become a luxury and you can’t even remember what a hot bath feels like!
27. You’ve been carrying around the same water bottle for 3 months and refilling it at any opportunity.
28. It’s strange to you when people don’t wait for their change at the bar. That could buy you half a schooner of beer!
29. You’ve got used to the heat and now anywhere with air con feels like the Antarctic.
30. You’ve heard someone having sex no more than 3 feet away from you. Oh the joys of hostel living!
31. You’re constantly battling your room mates for the free plug to charge up your phone.
32. You have constant tan lines even though you haven’t been sunbathing in a while.
33. You’ve got $9.70 in your account but still go out on the piss – where there’s a will there’s a way!
34. Your backpack is so heavy, you’ve started dragging it as much as you can and are seriously contemplating fashioning some backpack wheels.
35. When you aren’t going bare foot your, flip flops are your best friend.
36. Luxuries such as perfume & aftershave are a distant memory.
37. You memorised your passport number a long time ago but..
38. ..You still feel guilty walking through customs at the airport no matter how many times you’ve done it. Did someone plant something in my bag!?
39. Sleep is no longer a necessity. You’ve learnt to survive on 4 hours a night. You can sleep when you’re dead right?
40. You agree with most of these!!
Can you think of any more? We want to hear from you. Comment below!