Planning a trip to Australia? Or already here and need some help deciding where to travel next?
Australia is big, (it fits the whole of Europe inside!) and chances are you aren’t going to be able to explore everything Australia has to offer- it would take years! We’ve put together our top 10 unforgettable travel experiences in Australia (in no particular order), so if you’ve got limited time here in Oz, these experiences are not to be missed!
1. Skydive in Mission Beach (QLD)
Ever fancied throwing yourself out of a plane? Well Australia is the place to do it! Combine the breathtaking beauty of the spectacular East Coast of Australia with the ULTIMATE adrenaline rush!! There are lots of Skydive locations in Australia -our favourite is Mission beach as you’ll jump over the Great Barrier Reef and land on the beach. Contact us to book your Skydive!
2. Port Lincoln shark cage diving (SA)
Here’s one to tick off the bucket list! The chance to be dunked into the ocean with great white sharks and only a cage between you! Sound like something you’d be interested in? Just get in touch for info!
3. Sydney Harbour cruise
A must do in Sydney! Sail past the Opera House and under the Sydney Harbour Bridge chilling out in the sun with a beer in hand! Stop off at a secluded beach and experience rarely seen Sydney scenery. To book your Sydney Harbour tour contact us!
Heard about that little rock in the middle of Australia!? Surrounded by desert and National Park, visiting Ayers rock is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Camp out under the stars sleeping in swags (bush beds), learn about aboriginal culture, walk around the base of Ayers Rock (approx 3.5 hours walking) and cook dinner over a campfire. Read about our travel legend Max’s trip to the outback and get in touch to find out how to book on!
5. Great Barrier Reef
Snorkel and dive in the only reef in the world seen from space! This unspoilt and beautiful Reef is a MUST see in Australia. Book a day or overnight trip or even learn how to dive! Get involved!
6. Whitsunday Sailing (QLD) The ultimate sailing adventure- Experience the stunning Whitsunday Islands, visit pristine white beaches (voted some of the best in the world!), snorkel & dive, sunbathe and come up close with some of the most diverse marine life in the world. Speak to us to find out about all of the different Whitsunday Sailing options!
7. Learn to surf – Get involved in the Aussie surfing culture. Take a week’s surfing course at some of the best ‘beginner’ beaches in Australia. Chill out in the evenings with an Aussie BBQ and beers, relax on the beach in between lessons and chill out with new friends! Fancy it? Get in touch!
8. The Great Ocean Road- What better way to take in the gorgeous scenery of the South Coast of Australia than by driving along it!? Experience one of the world’s best coastal routes blended with the beauty and history of the Grampians National Park. See the sunset at the Twelve Apostles, visit waterfalls, beaches and little surfing towns (birthplace of iconic brands Quiksilver and Ripcurl.) See it yourself!
9. Fraser Island (QLD) – Go 4WDriving on the largest sand island IN THE WORLD!!! Camp out in tents a stones throw away from the beach; come face to face with wild dingoes and go swimming in the most beautiful, crystal clear lakes in Australia. Take a guided bush walk- the views from the lookouts are stunning and visit the Maheno shipwreck! We recommend a 3 day/2 night organised trip to see all of the sights! Speak to us for Fraser Island options.
10. Kakadu National Park (NT) A trip for the adventurous! Feed salt water crocodiles, meet the local wildlife, swim under waterfalls, camp out with a bush BBQ for dinner and take in the stunning scenery of the Northern Territory,one of the hottest parts of the country all year round! Read about our travel guru, Holly’s trip to Kakadu National park and see it for yourself!
Get in touch for info about any of tours mentioned and to plan your trip around Australia!